Traditional Latino Herbalism Immersion
October 21 - October 28
Latin America has a rich herbal history, combining the ancient wisdom of four cultural traditions – Indigenous, European, African and Asian, into one holistic yet diverse system of healing. Meet with more than ten local folk medicine practitioners, ethnobotanists and conservationists who are working with medicine plants and explore with them the many sides of Latino herbalism. This advanced course covers history, politics and sustainability, as well as practical applications, recipes and scientific botanical theory.
- Study closely with two of Costa Rica’s top ethnobotanical authors – Rafael Ocampo and Jane Segleau Earle
- Medicine Plant Tour with Ricardo Morales López, Awa (Medicine Man) de la comunidad Bribri de Kacha`bli (Talamanca)
- Healing Drinks Tour of Puerto Viejo
- Make your own plant medicine
- Tour a cataloged home garden and a large-scale conservation/exportation farm outside Limon
- Deepen your understanding of cultural contexts of healing and empower your role in creating communities of educational health freedom
- Experience the healing power of Costa Rica’s medicinal plants with infusions, spiritual cleansers, culinary medicines, aromatherapy, topical applications and more…
- Small group size allows for personalized learning and lots of q&a time
- Delicious natural meals included, showcasing Latino Food Medicine
This week long course includes two 3-hour workshops per day as well opportunities for private study, individual experimentation and community building. Hidden Garden provides an ideal location for visiting local healers, touring the rainforest or researching rare books in our library and reading in the hammock. Our staff offers a unique blend of tools and knowledge and all of the classes are dynamic and interactive. Includes 8 nights lodging at Hidden Garden, 3 meals/day and all course activities. Open only to herbalists, holistic practitioners and apprentices.
Before September 1: $1200.00
After September 1: $1500.00
Register now with a $500 deposit through paypal